Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New sets

Now I have committed myself to finishing Chaos as a piano concerto, I had to go back and re-classify my sets. That is, my Chaos sets. I hadn't gone quite as deep with them as the original concerto sets, and these sets are 5+7, meaning they are harder to classify.

As before, I had to use overlap notes, or in this case a single note. This is important because the closing section uses the overlap, as I switch to six-note sets.

I: D F F# A C
V: Eb E G G# A# B C#

As I hinted before, I'm going to insert the progression from the improvisation section that I sketched before, although I'm going to write out more of a soloistic interlude. There will be some improvisation, but not as much. After that, it will be back to the free Chaos material and finish with another toccata-like section. As I mentioned before, this is a more difficult section metrically, so I may have to simplify it to accommodate the orchestra.

At least I'm rolling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment