Thursday, August 4, 2011

New beginnings

I started over again last weekend, but I think this isn't the one either.

In case you are wondering, I have two fall-back positions. I have always wanted to orchestrate Solomon's Seal as a piano concerto, and that is one option. I also have 2/3rd of a band piece that could easily be reworked as a piano concerto. The piano has a prominent role already, so it would be a matter of expanding that a bit and removing the saxophones and adding strings. I'm going to have another look at it. That would require the least work.

There is another option. I have the beginning of another piano concerto that was supposed to be for a small orchestra. There is less of it, but that could be expanded, or even incorporated into the existing plan for the current concerto. However, the pitch content is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment