Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Finally, some composing time

The concerto is now three pages longer. I was able to use my full composing hour yesterday, plus about twenty minutes from the previous day.

I also had a revelation during my donut sleep last night. When I started Chaos, it was programmatic, i.e. based of the beginning of Paradise Lost - Lucifer's fall. Somehow, when I restarted it, I had lost track of that, and was composing "absolute" music. Now my head is back in gear, and the next section begins Lucifer's monologue. He's fallen and is now contemplating what to do next (in the filthy stench of Hell) surrounded by his legion of fallen angels.

Lyrical piano solo with a few orchestral interjections. This will use the progression I devised for the original improvisation. I may also include some improvisation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment