Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chaos and order

I now have a fully-scored 4 minutes of a piano concerto. I spent yesterday afternoon re-scoring Chaos, and while it might not be a conventional concerto, the pianist has a lot to do, playing almost constantly, but I still need to move things around a bit. The 16th-notes are relentless, and there is very little in the left hand. When Chaos was still a band piece, I was worried that the piano had too much to do. I'm not worried any more.

The midi sounds good, although I don't think everything is audible. I still need to tidy up the strings, but I'll wait until I've written the next section. That will be new material leading back to the free stuff of the middle section of the band piece.

There is some difficulty there, but I don't think it is too difficult. The weakest section of this orchestra is the strings, and at the moment they aren't doing too much.

I'm feeling much better about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment