Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quiet

Today was a quiet day on the Concerto front. I created a sketch book to work in. Usually, I compose right into full score with a just few loose pages of sketch. I used to always carry a sketch book with me to put ideas in, so hopefully this will help keep the piece active in my thoughts.

I also discovered that I didn't own a score to Parsifal, so I'll have to order one. I thought we had one downstairs (an old vocal score), but that turned out to be Gotterdammerung.

I discovered that we'll have a contrabassoon in the orchestra, but not a bass clarinet. It's probably not as useful, but as I haven't scored any music other than a few bars of cellos, basses and clarinet, I'll just keep within the parameters.

Once I derive my pitch material, I'm going to start on the second movement. That should be the quickest to compose, and I'd like to get it into Maya's hands as soon as possible, since she will have to devise her improvisation around what the other instruments are playing. I need to contact her soon anyway.

By the way, you are welcome to comment on these posts. I've noticed that there are already a few readers, and it is nice to have some kind of feedback (preferably positive).

At some point, I will also post a chapter of An Angel's Kiss, just for your reference. It will probably only be from the first draft. (I'm planning a major revision of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment