Sunday, December 2, 2012

Farewell to a thousand things

Well, it's happened again. I've woken up with new pieces before with new pieces of music or poetry in my head, but this one was a little different. It was a performance - that's not really new either, but this was a performance by none other that Ella Fitzgerald, and I feel like I've heard the song before. It's a standard.

Um, no it isn't. I googled the lyrics and there was nothing. I only remember the chorus from the dream, and not all of the lyrics. It sounded like something written in the 30's by Berlin or Kern. I've been teach so many standards in one of my sightsinging classes, I guess the style is in my head or something.

Anyway, there's something about "moonbeams and all the little things you are," and it finishes with the line, "farewell to a thousand things."

Anybody recognize it?

If I can't figure out what it is, should I write it? It's in a dated style, but one that lives on.


No comments:

Post a Comment