Thursday, June 18, 2015

The New Sibelius

I don't get it. The new Sibelius doesn't really have any significant new features. Yes, there is annotation and being able to write with a pen (on a Surface Pro), but for those who have a mega setup and huge (non-touchscreen) monitor, that's nothing.

You can pay $89 for the upgrade for a perpetual license now. And then another $89 next year, and the following year for "free" upgrades and support. Sounds like $267 to me. I've been using Sibelius since version 1. I don't need support. If they are promising multiple annual upgrades, that's different - and by upgrades, I don't mean maintenance fixes. I don't like the subscription model.

Have they stopped developing Sibelius? Sounds like it. I can think of a lot of things they could fix, but it doesn't sound like they have made any changes in the notation direction.

Until I see a compelling reason to buy it, I guess I'm sticking with 7.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment