Friday, December 26, 2014

The Cork in the Bottle(s)

As you have read, I've decided to finish typesetting my third Symphony. Why? It is probably the least critical on my list of things to finish. I don't have a performance lined up, although the dedicatee has hinted that he might program it.

It's first on my list because it is the cork in the bottle. I've been unable to finish pieces because this one remains unfinished. I'm progressing well. I have only 16 pages left to set, which in the old days, I could do in two, but I imagine I'll finish early next week.

And then I'll progress to the other cork in the other bottle, Chaos, which again is nearly finished. I've been setting it as I worked on it, so just fill the cadenza gap, and a couple of spots where the scoring is a little thin, and that would be done, too.

Then I can concentrate on something that matters, like my double concerto, or more importantly, something I can record to submit as recent work to fund the double concerto.

It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment