Sunday, March 31, 2013

Un-Creatived

I discovered my Sibelius problem isn't related to my soundcard. The solution was buried on the Sibelius forum (and not in the Knowledge Base). I had to re-install all the sounds. My sounds folder was only 2.8GB when it should have been 39GB.

I've still disabled the X-Fi soundcard, since having only 4Gb severely limits the number of sounds that load. The sounds are better, but is the overall sound quality as good? It's hard to tell.

I'm stalled on the concerto ... only slightly. It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I just haven't had any time to work on it. I've print it out at 11x17, and have started laying it out on the floor - my usual practice when I'm getting close to the end. I highlight passages that require amendments, usually addition for continuity, and then fill in some more. I need to write that soliloquy, and I know it either needs significant length or only a short cadenza. Unfortunately, it is probably the former, which means more work.

I keep hoping the mice will compose it for me.


I'll be on WCNY next Sunday afternoon. I'm helping out with their pledge drive during the program (Fresh Ink) that will be playing Oyre's Garden the following week. If it is like past drives, there will probably be a brief interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment