Friday, January 1, 2016

Should ...



As expected I've been procrastinating. While I've been waiting for proofs of Oyre's Garden and Chaos, I've fiddled around with my Symphony No. 2. It's needed a minor revision, and I also wanted to finally typeset it. Nobody wants to perform off hand-copied originals anymore. I had input about half the first movement into Sibelius at some point a few years ago, so I've spent the past week inputting the rest and making the amendments. I've also clarified some notation and fixed some wrong notes.

It's printing out now, and I'll take my time proofing it. Setting an 82 page score in a little over a week, is moving quite quickly, so I want to make certain everything is right.

So the current timeline is:

Chaos: proofs to arrive early next week, should go live shortly thereafter.

Oyre's Garden: proofs to arrive next week, there were some strange errors flagged up by Createspace, so I need to check it carefully.

Symphony No. 2: I will proof it sometime over the next 3 weeks, and then upload it. ETA, end of January. Although, Spring semester begins mid-month, and I have to prepare for that, as well as do a parts job by the middle of the month. I also have to prepare to conduct Remembering the Night Sky for the performance 31 Jan. 2016.

It's going to be a busy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment