Saturday, January 3, 2015

Next on the list ...

I sent off my file previews for approval today, so I should be ordering the first print proof of Symphony No 3 tomorrow.

Next on the list is the syllabus for my Eartraining class this term, which won't take long, and then I might have a go at finishing Chaos by the end of next week, just to get it out of the way.

I have decided to keep my next project small. As I mentioned before, I need to record something new to send off with grant proposals. I've decided that, rather than attempt to finish something that I've started, I'm going to arrange my second string quartet for sinfonietta. It was never performed, and may have been unperformable without a conductor anyway. I think it will work as a larger piece, and will at least give me a chance to do something that I have done a lot of lately and can do quickly - and that it orchestrate/arrange. Re-arranging Chaos for wind ensemble is still a possibility, but I'll need to un-make it a piano concerto - and reintegrate a larger woodwind section, while removing the strings. Ultimately, I think it would be too difficult to put together in a few rehearsals, which is all I will have - and it would need way too many players.

I'll post availability of the new Symphony when it happens, probably in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment