Sunday, April 20, 2014

Dreaming

Last night I dreamed of a performance of the first movement of a string trio version of my planned Double Concerto. It was much as I have been planning it, except for one chord, which I apparently will use from Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. It made a lot of sense in the dream, so I may go with it. I'm not sure how it will reduce to three strings, but I'll give it a try. Also in the dream, I explained how (and why) the third player would not have any of the quartertones at the beginning. Oddly, in the dream, it was the violinist (who was Harumi Rhodes), but it is more likely to be the violist, since violin is one of the concerto instruments. That will be the case unless Jakob (the cellist) decides that the double concerto should be viola and cello. It don't remember who the violist was in the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment