Tuesday, May 17, 2011

More procrastination

Why is it that whenever I finally get a good start on something I get ideas for something else? I never used to need deadlines, but this piece is starting to make me think that I will only really get down and dirty on it when time gets short. Maybe it is time to contact Maya about it for some inspiration.

Today's distraction: a new story (it always happens when I'm supposed to be composing)

Ongoing distraction: publishing the violin concerto, piano reduction, and then my sax music

Other distracting ideas: I'm thinking of arranging From Her Husband's Hand for cello and a sinfonietta-size orchestra. The orchestra is already small (2222/2200/2perc/str), but there seems to be a lot of market for the one-on-a-part variety, and that would suit accompanying a cello better as well. The alto sax original probably won't need much alteration, but I might try to make this more cello-ish, and that might require some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment